Tuesday 1 May 2012

Nails: Holographic nail polish comparison.

Ever since I picked up a bottle of GOSH holographic nail polish, I have been searching for another one.
Holographic nail polish aren't easy to come by in the U.K unless you are willing to pay a lot of money and pick them up online. 
Gosh holographic nail polish. Without topcoat.
CONS:
-Top coat spoils the effect.
-chips VERY quickly (hours)
- Expensive online.
-Hard to apply.
PROS:
- Pretty! The effect is amazing. Photos do not do it justice.



I was wondering around town when I came across a very dull looking sliver nail polish, I recognised the "dullness" of the nail polish as something the GOSH holo had (which I would never of bought if I hadn't been looking for the colour number), and as it was only £1.99 thought "Why not? If it isn't a holo I will have another sliver in my collection.". 
When I got home I still wasn't convinced it what what I had thought it was, and got a little disappointed. I should mention the weather has been terrible, so we haven't had much sunlight recently, because of this I decided to shine a light at the nail polish to get a closer look, and I was very excited when the holographic particles caught the light.
Here is a quick snap of the new holographic:
Technic Holographic. With Seche Vite top coat.
CONS:
- Effect isn't as strong as GOSH

PROS:
-Wears as well as any other nail polish 
(I wasn't expecting this as it is a cheep brand.)
- Top coat doesn't change the finish.
-Easy to apply.
-Cheap.

All in all, I think I will continue the search for another amazing holographic, as I think it will be a life long mission, but for the summer the Technic one will look lovely in the sunshine when I am in need of something fab but don't have the time for nail art, I often get complements when the sun catches a holo nail polish. When I have time, and free nails, I will do a side by side picture and add it here.

-Jebbie. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment